BOOK OF SETHANTES, SON OF JEHOVIH.
FIRST GOD OF THE FIRST CYCLE OF THE EARTH AFTER MAN’S CREATION.
1. In the beginning of the inhabitation of the earth, the angels of heaven assembled in Hored, a heavenly plateau resting on the earth.
2. And the archangel Sethantes was the wisest of them all, and he said unto them:
3. Behold, we have come from far-off heavens; by the voice of Jehovih came we to partake of the glory of the red star, the earth. Jehovih said unto us: Come ye and enjoy the new world I have created. Partake ye of all the fruits thereof, save of the tree of knowledge, which is the fountain of life. Partake ye not of this, lest ye die.
4. But the voice of the earth spake unto us, saying: Partake ye, for indeed Mine is the tree of everlasting life.
5. And many obeyed not the voice of the Father, and are now bound by the tie of life, which is in the blood.
6. And the voice of Jehovih came to me, saying: Sethantes, My son, behold, I gave into thy charge in My etherean heavens millions of angels, and thou has brought them to the earth, and they are fallen from their high estate. Go thou, deliver them.
7. And I said: What shall I do? And Jehovih said: Bring thy angel hosts to Hored, for there will I crown thee God of these heavens and earth for the redemption of angels and mortals. And it shall be a new heavenly kingdom from this time forth to the end of the world. For it is the time of the arc of Wan, and I will bring from etherea My high-raised Goddess, Etisyai, chief factor of Harmuts, and she shall crown thee in My name, GOD OF HEAVEN AND EARTH.
8. God said: When I had thus spoken in Hored before the angels of heaven, a great light, like a sun, was seen descending from the firmament above. And I commanded my es'enaurs to chant in praise of the Father and His works.
9. Meanwhile I had the angels of Hored numbered, and there were of them twenty-seven millions and six hundred thousand, and these were the same who were on an excursion in my charge when the voice of Jehovih commanded us to visit the earth.
10. The light above us descended fast toward us, like a ship of fire it came nearer and nearer, till we saw that it was wider far, than the place of Hored and all my angel hosts.
11. And it came to pass that when the great light had descended to the plateau of Hored there came forth out of the light one million archangels, from the arc of Wan in the Hosts of A'ji, in the orbit of Fow'sang in etherea, and they bore regalia and crowns from the Orian chief of Harmuts. Foremost of the archangels was Etisyai, and her brother Ya'tiahaga, commissioners from the etherean heaven.
12. When they came near me, Etisyai gave the sign of Jehovih's name, greeting, halting, and saying: All hail! In Jehovih's name, and in the love of Harmuts, Orian chief, we come to greet thee, first God of the lower heaven, belonging to the corporeal earth!
13. I said: All hail, O emissaries of Harmuts, Chief of Orian worlds! Come, O Etisyai, and thy brother and all this host! Come honor My throne, in Great Jehovih's name!
14. The archangels then came forward, saluting, and Etisyai said: In Thy name, O Jehovih, I found here a throne!
15. And she caused to rise the form and substance thereof, and she ascended thereon, and Ya'tiahaga with her. And the other archangels formed a crescent in front of the throne, all of them bearing crowns or diadems, but they stood upright. And now the angels of the host of God took their places, that they might witness the testimony of Jehovih's commission, but the lights from the columns of fire, brilliant in all colors and shades and tints, baffled many of them from seeing plainly.
16. When all things were in readiness Etisyai, standing erect and brilliant like a star, raised her right hand, saying: JEHOVIH! ALL-WISE AND POWERFUL! IN THY NAME, THIS THY SON, GOD, I CROWN! FROM THE ORIAN CHIEF, HARMUTS, RAISED TO THE RANK OF GOD, AND BY THEE, O JEHOVIH, ORDAINED! HENCEFORTH TO BE KNOWN FOREVER IN THE EMANCIPATED HEAVENS AS THY SON ! PEACE! WISDOM! LOVE! POWER!
17. And now with her left hand she raised high the crown, so that all might see and bear witness, and giving the sign again of Jehovih's name above the crown, wherefrom a flame of light shot forth brilliantly. Thereupon she placed the crown on God's head, saying:
18. ARISE, O MY SON, THOU SON OF JEHOVIH! Instantly there arose from the millions of souls one universal shout: All hail, O Son of Jehovih! And God rose up, having the crown on his head, and the people cheered him lustily, for he was well beloved.
19. Etisyai said: Bring forth thy five chief Lords that I may crown them also. God then caused the five chief Lords whom he had selected to sit at the foot of the throne.
20. Again Etisyai raised her right hand, saying: O JEHOVIH! ALMIGHTY! FROM WHOM ALL GLORIES EMANATE! IN THY NAME, THESE THY SONS, I CROWN LORDS OF THE EARTH, AND OF THE WATERS OF THE EARTH! FROM THE ORIAN CHIEF HARMUTS! BY MY COMMISSION DO I RAISE THEM TO THE RANK OF LORDS FOR KINGDOMS OF HEAVEN! PEACE! WISDOM! LOVE! POWER!
21. Then Etisyai took the crowns, which were handed her by the other archangels, and placed them on the heads of the Lords, saying:
22. ARISE, O MY LORDS, AND BE YE LORDS OF JEHOVIH FOR HIS GLORY! AND BE YE THE LORDS OF GOD, HAVING DOMINION OVER THE EARTH AND THE WATERS OF THE EARTH, IN LOVE, WISDOM AND POWER, AMEN!
23. The Lords rose up, having on their heads the crowns of Lords, and again the multitude saluted with great cheering. When the applause ceased Etisyai said:
24. My God and My Lords, give now the sign of Jehovih's name that His glory may be fulfilled. (For this was the oath of office.)1
25. And God and the Lords saluted Jehovih before the hosts of heaven. And they stood apart a little distance, and Etisyai said:
26. Behold the All Light, Jehovih, encompasseth me. My voice shall be His voice. By the glory of Faith in Him am I One with the Father.
27. And a fleece of golden hue descended from above and encompassed Etisyai around about, and she was like a central star with rays of light emanating. She was entranced by Jehovih. Through her the Creator spake, saying:
28. My Son, even God, I brought thee forth out of corpor, quickened into life everlasting. By faith I inspired thee to do whatsoever thou hast done. Faith gave I unto thee, as the tree whereon ALL PERFECTION is the fruit. By that faith within man that nurtureth the I AM within Himself unto perfection, becometh he My son, doing by virtue of My presence. According to thy wisdom and love have I given thee strength; and by thy strength raised thee up.
29. Behold, this day have I given thee a kingdom in atmospherea, and made thee God before all the kingdoms of heaven. This place shall be thy place and Mine also. Here shalt thou dispense wisdom and laws, and appoint officers in My name and by virtue of My power.
30. And thy kingdom shall be like two kingdoms: One here with the hosts of heaven, and one on the earth, even over these thy Lords. For thou art the judgment seat and Creator of order over the whole earth, and in the heaven belonging to the earth.
31. Stretch forth thy hand, My Son, and clothe thyself in the golden fleece.
32. God made the sign, and then raised his hands upward, saying: Jehovih! Jehovih! By thy command I call upon Thee to array me in Thy golden fleece! Behold I am Thy Son.
33. And the archangels tossed up the raiment and regalia they had brought from their etherean arc in a'ji, and, by the faith that was in God, the substance flew to him and encompassed him around in raiment of the upper heaven.
34. Then Jehovih spake to the Lords, saying: As God hath built a kingdom in Hored, and reigneth over this heaven, and over ye and your helpmates, so shall ye build kingdoms on the earth, and ye shall rule over mortals in My name, teaching them of Me and My everlasting kingdoms in the firmament above. In testimony of my voice receive ye this raiment of silver and gold from My archangels.
35. The archangels then draped the Lords in shining raiment. And Etisyai came down from the throne, still entranced, saying:
36. Though, My Daughter Etisyai will rise up in the flame of fire, yet will I, even Jehovih, abide with thee, O God, and with ye My Lords, now and forever! And then Etisyai took God's hand and led him to the center of the throne, saying: Sit thou on this throne for it is thy Father's kingdom in the lower heaven of the earth!
37. When God sat down, the entrancement departed from Etisyai, and the Light of Jehovih went and settled upon God and the Lords. But Etisyai sat down at the foot of the throne, and thereupon all the archangels sat down also.
38. God said: Behold, she that is greatest maketh herself least of all. Arise, O Daughter of Jehovih, and enjoy my kingdom, for it is Jehovih's also. And God came down from the judgment seat and took Etisyai's hand and she rose up, whereupon God proclaimed the freedom of the hour. Thus was established the first throne of God in these heavens. And now all of the hosts mingled together, angels and archangels, joyfully.
1 The sign is the circle twice cut. For further information see Emethachavah, Book of Saphah.
1. When the hour was ended, God again ascended the throne, and the marshals raised the signals of order, and the archangels went and stood in a crescent in front of the throne. Etisyai sat at the feet of God, and the splendor of her glory, unadorned, save with white and yellow drapery, shone through all the talents Jehovih had given her, the perfection of purity, wisdom, and love, the like of which only Gods had looked on!
2. God said: In Thy name, O Jehovih, do I now found the session of Thy kingdom in the lower heaven. As long as man and woman shall bring forth heirs unto Thee, this kingdom shall not cease to glorify Thee. Let the Lords approach the throne.
3. The es'enaurs now sang, and in the meantime the marshals and escorts conducted the Lords before the throne. When they were in order, the music ceased, and God said:
4. Five great divisions of the earth there are, and I have ordained ye the five Lords thereof in Jehovih's name. According to the number of inhabitants on the earth's divisions, and your relative rank before heaven have I placed you. When ye have seated yourselves in your respective kingdoms, ye shall have each twelve messengers, whose duties shall be betwixt ye and me. Choose ye, therefore, your messengers, even this hour, that ere the resurrection of the archangels they may be confirmed and their registry borne to heaven above.
5. The Lords chose their messengers, and they were confirmed in the name of Jehovih, and the swift messengers, who ply with the upper heavens, made a record of their names and places. Thereupon God said to them:
6. According to your talents have you been chosen; according to your excellence will ye be promoted to wider fields of labor. May the wisdom. love and power of Jehovih be with you all, amen!
7. And now Etisyai signified that her time of departure had arrived.
8. God came down from the judgment seat, and standing one moment in sorrow, reached forth and took Etisyai's hand, saying:
9. Arise, O Daughter of Jehovih, and go thy way!
10. Etisyai rose up, pointing upward, said: My house is in the arc of Wan. Jehovih dwelleth with thee and me! My swift messengers shall come to thee at times. My love will abide with thee and thy Lords, and the harvest of thy resurrection. In Jehovih's name, farewell!
11. Etisyai then walked to the ship of fire; but ere she entered, she turned and took one more look at the hosts of Hored, and, then stripping from the frames, luminous drapery, cast it playfully over the en'enaurs, and quickly disappeared in the light.
12. The es'enaurs chanted, and the hosts of archangels joined in with them, and in that same moment of time the ship began to rise, and it was as thousands of columns of fire surrounding one majestic column, and the whole circle rising in spiral form, turning and rising, rising and turning. And when it was a little way up it seemed like an ascending sun; and then higher and higher, like a far-off star, and then it passed beyond the vision of the angels of Hored.
13. When order was proclaimed, the All Light began to gather around about the throne, covering over God and the Lords. Jehovih, through God, said:
14. Hear ye, for I abide also with these My Lords of the hosts of heaven.
15. The Lords said: What shall we do? And Jehovih answered: Summon all the angels to pass before the throne of God, one by one, that I may judge them. For as many as dwelt on any of My corporeal worlds of the fifth of the second rate shall abide in the kingdom of Hored, and their labor shall be with es'yans only; but all of the full of the first rate shall abide in the kingdoms of My Lords, and their labor shall be with corporeans.
16. The marshals then arranged the angels and they passed in front of the throne, and so great was God's wisdom that, in looking on the angels as they passed, he perceived the rates of every man and woman. And those destined for labor in atmospherea only, he caused to turn one way, and those for the earth, as ministering spirits with mortals, to turn the other way; and when they had all passed, they were correctly divided according to Jehovih's commandment.
17. God said: Hear me, O ye Lords! Take your laborers and repair to your respective places on the divisions of the earth, and the waters of the earth. And ye shall be Lords with me, your God, for the glory of Jehovih. Whatsoever ye do on the earth will I ratify in heaven; whomsoever ye deliver from the earth will I receive in heaven. As ye shape and build up mortal man, delivering his spirit into my kingdom, so will I receive him and award him.
18. That your kingdoms may accord with me and Mine, I give you messengers sufficient, and they shall pass daily betwixt us: According to their proficiency and power to pass from place to place, so have I chosen them.
19. Let a record be kept within your own kingdoms, and these records shall be your own, to be carried upward with you in the next resurrection.
20. And yet, ye shall have a record jointly with me, separate from your own record, pertaining to your kingdom's relations with mine.
21. When mortals die and are born in spirit, ye shall receive them and enter them in your records as es'yans, signifying new born in heaven. And for these es'yans ye shall provide temporary abodes, where they shall tarry, some for a few days, and some for the space of one year or more. Of their numbers and conditions ye shall inform me, through the messengers, and I will send ships to bring them to My kingdom.
22. Ye shall appoint asaphs, whose office it shall be to receive es'yans from the ashars.
23. Whilst a mortal is alive on the earth, the ashars shall abide with him, guarding him in the name of the Lord, and in My name. But when he dieth the ashar shall deliver the es'yan to the asaph, saying: In Jehovih's name receive thou this new born spirit. He was My protégé; for the good or evil in him, charge thou to Me. And the ashar shall deliver up a record of the mortal life of the es'yan, and the record shall be kept within your own kingdoms.
24. And the asaph shall take the es'yan, saying: In Jehovih's name, receive I this new born spirit. He shall be my protégé according to the commandments of the Lord my God. He shall then take the es'yan to the place to receive it, where it will have nurses and attendants according to its requirements.
25. When ships come to your kingdoms, the asaphs shall deliver all the es'yans they have received, and My officer shall receive them, and bring them to My place in heaven.
26. When God had ended the instructions to the Lords, the Lords answered, saying: We will be thy Lords, O God, doing thy commandments, for the glory of Jehovih, our Father.
27. God said: To each of you have I given a great division of the earth, and each division shall be named after you, each in its place.
28. This, then, was the rank assigned: Waga (Pan); Jud (Asia); Thouri (America); Vohu (Africa); and Dis (Europe). And the lands were called after the names of the Lords and so entered in the books of heaven in Hored, by command of God in the name of Jehovih.
29. And the record of the Great Serpent showed the firmament of Tem'yi in the third circuit of c'v'wark'um and dan'ha twenty-four.2
30. When all was finished the Lords went and sat down at the foot of the throne, and the es'enaurs chanted a hymn of praise to Jehovih and the entire multitude jointed therein.
31. When the hymn was ended, God rose up, standing amidst a sea of light, and raising up both hands, said: O Jehovih! Almighty and everlasting! Help Thy servants in founding this Thy Kingdom for Thy glory! Peace, Wisdom and Power!
32. Then making the sign of Jehovih's name with his right hand, he came down to the foot of the throne, and taking the hand of Waga: Lord of Waga, he said: Arise, my son, and go thy way; and Jehovih will bless thee.
33. Waga rose up and stood aside, and then in like manner God raised the other four Lords and they stood aside also.
34. The marshals filed past the throne saluting, and after them the Lords, saluting also; and after them came the asaphs, and lastly the ashars; and the procession was under way, passing off between the pillars of fire with which God's laborers had ornamented Hored around about.
35. This was the beginning of the first kingdom in the lower heaven, and the first of the reign of the Lords on earth.
2 This would make the age of the earth at that time 9,470,500 years old.
1. And God appointed in heaven angel surveyors, to survey the earth and atmospherea; and astronomers, to note the place of the stars; and enumerators, to number the inhabitants of the earth and atmospherea, to grade them and apportion their places; and nurses and physicians, to receive the es'yans and administer unto them; and builders of heavenly mansions; and weavers of fabrics for covering the newborn, the es'yans; and builders of heavenly ships for carrying the inhabitants from place to place. And God appointed unto all of these, officers and teachers, according to grade appointed he them.
2. And when God had completed his appointments, the people were apportioned in heaven every one to his place, to begin the work allotted to them. And God called the asaphs, and he said unto them:
3. Go ye down to the earth, and bring to me the first fruit of the resurrection.
4. And the asaphs said: Thy will is our will, but what meanest thou by the first fruit of the first resurrection?
5. God said: The spirits of the dead. The asaphs said: The spirits of the dead. Who are they?
6. God said: When a corporean cometh forth out of his corporeal body, this shall be called DEATH.
7. The asaphs said: Who then are the spirits of death? And God answered them, saying: O ye that died in infancy, how can ye learn corporeal things! Go ye then to my Lord, Wagga, and he will show you.
8. The asaphs departed and went down to the earth, and the Lord, through the ashars, delivered unto the asaphs five hundred es'yans, and they brought them to Hored, before the throne of God. And God said unto them: Who are these?
9. The asaphs said: These are the first fruit of the first resurrection. Behold, we know now the beginning and the end of corporeality; the earth body of these es'yans was but a womb from which they are now delivered.
10. God said: Well done. Take ye these es'yans and feed and clothe them, for this is your labor.
11. The asaphs answered: Alas, we have tried them with all manner of food on which we ourselves subsist, but they will not eat.
12. God said: Alas, O ye innocents! Ye feed on ethereal food; these es'yans must have atmospherean food, even as corporeans subsist on corporeal food. Go, then, fulfill this first resurrection; for as much as ye deliver them, so will ye be delivered in time to come.
13. The asaphs then departed, taking the es'yans with them. But in course of time they returned again to God, saying:
14. Behold, O God, we have gathered of the atmosphere of trees of all kinds, and of seeds and plants that grow on the earth, all most beautiful to our senses, and savory to the smell, and we gave these to the es'yans, but lo, they will not eat. Being alarmed, we again hastened to thee for information.
15. God said: O ye of little wisdom, knowing so much of heaven and so little of earth. Go ye back to the place whence ye brought these es'yans, and learn what manner of food they subsisted on.
16. The asaphs went back with all haste to learn in reference to the food. And in due time they came again before God, saluting, saying:
17. What shall we do, O God? Behold, these es'yans, whilst in the corporeal form feasted on fish and worms. How can we bring them the atmospherean part of these things?
18. God said: Even the last time ye were present ye said ye had gathered of the atmospherean part of trees, and seeds and plants growing out of the earth. Why, then, cannot ye gather of the atmospherean part of fish and worms?
19. The asaphs said: Alas, this difference have we observed: The trees, and plants and fruits emit delightful atmospheres, most nutritious to the spirit, but that which is emitted from the living fish and living worm is foul-smelling, being but the sweat and dead substance evaporating. What, then, shall we do?
20. God said: Go ye to the place where mortals kill fish and worms; and in the same time that mortals tear these things with their teeth, snatch from their hands and mouths the atmospherean parts of the food and give it to these es'yans. Remember, also, that little by little ye shall teach them to live on other kinds of food.
21. And as ye do by these es'yans, do ye also in after time to others, remembering that what men subsist on in corporeal life, is entailed on them in spirit for a space of time after entering atmospherea; and of like substance shall they be fed spiritually. The asaphs then departed.
22. On the third day thereafter, as above mentioned, the Voice of Jehovih came to God, saying:
23. My Son, behold what the asaphs have done in thy name thoughtlessly! They came to the fishery and did as thou badest, gathering food for the es'yans, and at their side stood the es'yans, saying: Why gather ye food for us? Behold, we are now strong in spirit; suffer us to gather for ourselves. And the asaphs said: It seemeth well; do as ye desire.
24. Thereupon, the es'yans went to the fishermen and fisherwomen, who were eating raw flesh, and the es'yans laid hold of the atmospherean part, and ate thereof a sufficiency. And then the asaphs said to them: Ye have feasted sufficiently; come ye away with us.
25. But lo, the es'yans engrafted themselves on the fishermen and fisherwomen, and would not depart. The asaphs, not knowing what to do, called on My name. Send thou, O God, quickly to them, those skilled in deliverance, that My es'yans be preserved unto everlasting life.
26. And God summoned those skilled in deliverance of engraftment, and dispatched them hastily with messengers to the place of the fisheries.
27. Jehovih said: From the trees, the fruits, the flowers, the grains and seeds, and roots that grow in the ground, have I created a ceaseless harvest going upward into the atmosphere, which shall be the sustenance of the spirits of men newborn in heaven. But whosoever feasteth on flesh on earth, shall not find spiritual food in heaven, but he shall return to the butcheries and eating-houses where flesh is eaten, and he shall feast on the atmospherean part thereof, before it is rotten. Be ye guarded of them, lest they engraft themselves on mortals, feasting on their feasts, and so go down to destruction.
28. After many days the asaphs came before God, saying: The physicians severed such as were bound, and we brought them away. Shall this be our labor day and night, to lead these es'yans about, finding them clothes and food? This have we observed, the more we do for them, the less they do for themselves.
29. Jehovih spake through God, saying: A nurse I provided for the newborn, but when he is grown I command him to provide for himself that he may be a glory in My kingdoms. By charity alone ye cannot raise man up; but be diligent to teach him to try continually to raise himself, for herein lieth the glory of manhood.
30. The asaphs said: If we leave the es'yans alone, they will return again to the fisheries and fasten themselves upon mortals, doing nothing but eating.
31. God said: Near the fisheries, but in atmospherea, go ye and fashion a colony, and it shall be your colony in heaven. Thither take these es'yans, not showing them the way of the fisheries. In the colony put ye them to work, weaving and making clothes and otherwise producing; but go ye for the food at the fisheries, and bring sufficient every day, giving only to them who labor, or to invalids and helpless ones. By this ye shall inspire them to labor, which is the foundation of the growth of the spirit; and in course of time they will not only care for themselves, but join ye in helping others, which is the beginning of the second resurrection.
32. Behold, this lesson have ye learned: that according to the diet and the habit of mortals on earth, so must ye provide their spirits when first entered in heaven.
33. Choose ye, therefore, of your own people a sufficient number to make all things required in a delightful colony, whether it be food and clothing, or nurseries, or hospitals, or place of worship, or place of dancing, and receive ye as many es'yans as may be delivered from the earth, raising them up in industry, virtue, wisdom, mirth, love, benevolence and adoration, and this shall be a new heaven unto you all.
34. Ye are My chosen, and an example colony of all the kingdoms I shall build in My heaven. The time cometh when the whole atmosphere around about the earth shall be filled with countless millions of angels born out of the earth.
35. Be swift in your labor; the people spring up from the earth rapidly into heaven, and every colony ye now found shall, in time to come, be a great kingdom, requiring experienced workmen. Whosoever laboreth most efficiently for Jehovih, him will I promote to wider fields.
36. Ye are as one of the corner-stones of Seffas, and his house shall embrace atmospherea and the whole earth. Words are already taking root in the mouths of mortals; and for tens of thousands of years will war reign; might against might; darkness against darkness. Hundreds of millions will be slain in wars on the earth, and their souls be thrown into chaos. Even as ye beheld these spirits fastening on to mortals for food, so will spirits in chaos, millions of them, fasten themselves on the battlefields, still battling; or fasten themselves on mortals, obsessing them to madness and death.